Through the eyes of Suzy…
Sometimes, we all need a little motivation to keep moving forward. The easiest way to be inspired is to read quotations that you can relate to or want to be able to relate to. Here are my personal 10 favourite quotes of all time:
1. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
2. Create what sets your heart on fire and it will illuminate the path ahead.
3. My goal isn't to wear brands. It's to become one.
4. Unless we push beyond what we can currently do, we will not progress.
5. If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.
6. If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.
7. Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
8. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.
9. You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures.
10. Be picky with who you invest your time in. Wasted time is worse than wasted money.
I find that the best time to look at these quotations is right after you wake up. The temptation of relaxing on your bed with soft pillows and blankets can be strong; reading these quotations will help motivate you to get out of bed. Additionally, you can read them during your commute to school, work, or wherever else you are traveling to.
How to use coconut oil this summer
Do you ever wonder if there is a miracle product that can pretty much do anything in terms of beauty? Well, coconut oil is exactly what you are looking for. From lotion to makeup remover to hair treatment to cuticle care, coconut oil can do anything that you want it to do. Here are numerous ways of using coconut oil:
1. Use it as a hair mask: You can either apply coconut oil directly to your hair (from root to tip) or mix it with other natural ingredients known to be good for hair. Coconut oil is quickly absorbed into human hair, making it one of the most effective natural ways of moisturizing it. Simply apply, leave it on for around 30 minutes, wash like you normally would, and enjoy the best hair of your lifetime.
2. Use it to remove makeup: Although applying oil to your face seems odd, it can be extremely beneficial if you use the right kind. Not only does it effectively remove makeup from your face, it also gently moisturizes your skin, making it unnecessary for the skin to produce extra sebum on your face.
3. Use it to clean makeup brushes: Mix coconut oil with antibacterial soap to completely clean makeup brushes and make them good as new.
4. Use it to take care of cuticles: Applying coconut oil to cuticles can make nails extremely strong and healthy. If you like to apply lots of nail polish frequently, you will definitely benefit from this method.
5. Use it moisturize your body and face: Like I mentioned before, coconut oil can be an effective gentle moisturizer. Your skin will be soft, glowy, and smooth after you use it as lotion.
6. Use it as deodorant: This one is a bit odd, but it works! You can either apply it straight to your armpits or mix it with arrowroot and shea butter to make a deodorant mixture.
7. Make an exfoliator: You probably heard of honey and brown sugar mixture. But have you heard of brown sugar and coconut oil? It's more effective because it's not sticky like honey and it's more moisturizing because of the coconut oil.
8. Use it as lipbalm: The simplest way of using coconut oil is to apply directly to your lips as a lip balm. It will make it extremely smooth and soft.
Now you know how coconut oil can be used for pretty much anything. If you are thinking about purchasing it, make sure you buy the raw, organic, non-processed coconut oil – not the one that contains chemicals and other substances.