Through the eyes of Paula...
As summer gets going, one great activity to partake in is going to a fun event or festival with your family and friends. You can enjoy the nature, food, activities, and rides. Here are five events to give you an idea about the kinds of festivities that are out there.
1. The Fringe: Toronto’s Theatre Festival: Running until July 10, the Fringe festival is the largest theatre festival of its kind, with 150+ shows in 30 venues, and more than 1100 performances featuring local and international theatre companies. Ticket prices are very low, and the shows take place in multiple locations across the city.
2. Summerlicious: From July 8-24, you can experience over 200 featured restaurants that offer three-course prix fixe lunch and dinner menus at exceptional prices. Reservations are recommended due to this event's popularity.
3. Beaches International Jazz Festival: This is a free annual music festival that features a mixture of latin, soul, and traditional jazz, with more than 100 bands. It runs from July 2-24.
4. Rogers Cup: For anyone who enjoys watching tennis, the Rogers Cup is on from July 23-31. This prestigious professional tennis tournament is organized by Tennis Canada and presented by National Bank, and attracts the top ranked tennis players from around the world. The location is the Aviva Centre at York University.
5. Krinos Taste of the Danforth: Celebrate Greek food, music, art and culture at the largest Greek Festival in North America. The event is free, and it runs from August 5-7.