So you gained a bit of Holiday weight this season. We know, the turkey was so good... and so was all that cake. Looking to get rid of that Holiday food baby? Well, exercising first thing in the morning plays a major factor in weight loss. Even if it's only a 5-10 minute walk, it is important to get in some kind of exercise every morning. Here are some other reasons to exercise in the morning.
1. Most people that are consistent with exercise, complete their exercising in the morning. It's easier to stay dedicated if you start a morning routine.
2. Morning exercise jump starts your metabolism and keeps it elevated for hours (sometimes up to 24 hours). This means you’ll be burning more calories all day due to morning exercise.
3. By exercising in the morning, you are keeping your body energized for the day. This will help you feel dramatically different on days when you have and haven’t exercised in the morning.
4. If you wake up at the same time each morning and perform exercises for approximately the same length of time, your endocrine system and circadian rhythms of your body will adjust to the routine. This means that it’ll be a lot easier for you to wake up in the morning since your body is prepared to wake up. You’ll feel more energized and be ready to exercise when you wake up since your metabolism and hormones involved in activity begin to elevate a few hours before you wake up.
5. For most people, morning exercise becomes second nature to them and becomes something they look forward to doing. It is the time they have set aside to care for their body, mind and soul.
6. Getting your exercise done first thing in the morning will assure that something else doesn't crowd exercise out of your schedule.
7. If finding time to exercise is a problem, try waking up 30 to 60 minutes earlier to exercise. If necessary, you can go to sleep a little earlier.
8. You'll feel great! Do it!